Friday 28 November 2008

Widgets

Historical Sites in Sabah

One whole day of watching people work in my house and I fell asleep in my room for.. 30 mins? Yeap.. The worker told me that I'm gone for 30 minutes means that I slept for 30minutes. Lol.

Dedicated to Nath
Hey you out there for photo hunting! haha.

Both of this places didn't kena boom during WWII and here's some pictures of Sabah Tourism Board KK and Atkinson Clock Tower. Enjoy and get some real pictures there! haha

Picture Below: Sabah Tourism Board

Picture Below: Atkinson Clock Tower

The Tower stands prominently on the bluff along Signal Hill Road. Mary Edith Atkinson build the Tower in 1905 in memory of her son, Francis George Atkinson the popular first District Officer of Kota Kinabalu. It was formerly used as a navigation aid for ships until it was overshadowed by taller buildings. Today, this memorial has the distinction of being the oldest standing structure in the whole of Sabah that survived the air raids and blitz of World War II.

No comments: