Thursday 23 May 2013

Widgets

Tako Japanese Restaurant, Damai, Kota Kinabalu

New Japanese Restaurant opens at Damai! Certainly brighten the whole area. Located right in the middle of the building, it stands between a few Chinese restaurants or if you know Pinnacle Pet Shop, that’s the area. Either you drive from Queen Elizabeth Hospital 2, or from Coffee Bean Damai, you will see a huge red octopus as their signboard.

I tried on their food on a busy day when Aldrich and I spontaneously planned to meet up. Walking in to Tako Japanese Restaurant, I find it familiar and hey I know those people. They were with Japanese DreamFood before. Oh well, I came for the food anyway.

Checking on their menu, it is slightly cheaper than other Japanese restaurants in town. I have ordered my favourite dish, which they do have on the menu, the Chirashi Set which have a bowl of noodle either Soba or Udon, and the Chirashi with rice. Aldrich ordered another one and I actually forgot to try his.

Surprisingly, the preparation time and serving time is fast! I’m not sure about the next time when you visit them but I enjoyed their fast and caring service that day. The raw salmon and tuna are freshly made. I love it and I’m going back again next time for sure.


No comments: