Tuesday 11 September 2012

Widgets

The new Oyster Card in London


Oyster is the cheapest way to pay for single journeys on bus, Tube, tram, DLR, London Overground and most National Rail services in London.

Travelling in London is convenient. You can travel easily, only you know where you want to go. North or South, East or West, it’s all in your hands. Oyster Card is really useful as you stay or travel around London. It’s like a touch-and-go card in Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, and many more. Well, sadly we don’t have those kinds of services in my state – Sabah, but still we have our heritage remain, which is the steam train. Anyways.

Back to Oyster Card. As I stayed in London for about a week, I decided to purchase the Oyster Card. Lucky enough, I got myself the limited edition Oyster Card which is the Jubilee version where you can see the Buckingham Palace, Horse guards, Thame River, Tower Bridge, Local delicacies and beautiful people. Well, there’s this open deal for anyone. You have a choice either to return your Oyster Card before you leave the country and get a refund, or you keep it. Of course, I brought it back with me to my home land for remembrance.

It’s also easy to purchase the Oyster Card every station has counters or machines. To top up the credits – “Top up as You Go”, this also can be done at the counter (but trust me lots of people there lining up), or top up at the machines. On the other hand, you can also top up online https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/link/0002.do or just visit their website at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/


No comments: