Thursday 3 July 2014

Widgets

Eating at Pasar Besar Kota Kinabalu @ Central Market

Besides buying groceries at the market, what else can you do?

I remember I used to go to the market with my dad when I was still a kid. I love to go to the dry area, but not the wet – which is the fish market. Normally, one of my tasks is to buy the most delicious Tau Foo Fah in town and to look at the vegetables; poultry is still fine, but definitely not the fish market because – you know it. I would cry.

This is the first time for me to try out the food stalls at the market. We called it Pasar Besar in Malay or just Pasar – Sabahan style. If you want to know how the local Chinese call it? PA-SA. It’s the same anyway. Haha.

The food stalls are located on the second floor. There are about 4 to 6 stalls there (if I’m not mistaken – need to check it out again) and they separated it into Chinese and Malay section, which is good. This is because people like us; we might want to have non-halal or halal food.

We went to the Chinese stall.

Picture below: The view overlooking KK Plaza (taken from the side of the staircase)


See those baskets? Choose your preferable vegetable and meat by pointing them to the person who is serving you. Tell them if you want them to cook it with rice or noodle after he or she took note of your choice. That simple.

I have ordered Kon Lau Mihun with vegetable, chicken, and char-siew (pork). While waiting, I actually worried that it might be oily but it wasn’t. It was simply delicious yet affordable to have a simple lunch here. There’s only one thing I would like to highlight – the char siew have some unwanted fats because I don’t take that since young. So, I just have to remove it. For certain people, I know you like that.

Don’t forget to buzz me when you are there. I'm just nearby! ;)

No comments: